Screen Resolution
Rmaggio
Enthusiast - Level 1
How do I get 1080i resolution? Whenever I turn on a TV show on Fios on my Samsung TV it reads 720/480 60p. I have the STB set at 1080i and TV is set for home use 1080. The TV is incredible with a DVD but not sharp with the cable signal. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Screen Resolution
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depends on the model STB.  Some its in the regular menu under settings/audio&video/video format.

Others like the 7xxx ARRIS (previously called Motorola) you can go into the hidden menu to change as well and IF YOU WISH also select native aspect. 

With the DVR/STB on, TV hit power off on the DVR/stb, followed by ok and menu(you may have to use the remote for the ok and Menu as newer boxes don't have them on the boxes).  Should bring up a User settings where you can select Native and must also select the resolutions your set supports.  Note 1080p24 and 1080P30 are supported by the box this way but only if the program comes over in that format.  Some VOD MAY be sent out in 1080P.

0 Likes
Re: Screen Resolution
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

This might be a stupid question but are you watching a HD channel? Is the TV connected with HDMI or component cables?

0 Likes