Set Top Box Activation
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2
I was wondering if and how I can activate a new set top box either via internet or what?  I have been on the phone on hold with Verizon but finally gave up and thought I could get the answer here.  Here's the scoop....I upgraded one of my TV's to a High Def so I am swapping out the SD set top box with an HD one.  I was told by the Verizon tech support when I ordered the swap that it would be activated on November 3.  Well I have received the new HD box already and in the letter that comes with it there is an activation code however they don't mention how to activate it.  Can I do it online and/or do I have to wait until November 3 before it is active?  I would rather just swap it out once.  Thanks.....
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Set Top Box Activation
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks all...I did get my set top box activated after calling the number that came with the box.  I was leary since when I ordered the upgrade the CSR said I had to wait until 10 business days had passed.  All is good now.....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1

In the directions for the box should be a toll free number to call to activate it that is an automated number.  It takes 30 seconds.

There is a website but I don't know what it is.

0 Likes
Searay90
http://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/selfinstall/   is the website to activate your STB over the internet
0 Likes
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks all...I did get my set top box activated after calling the number that came with the box.  I was leary since when I ordered the upgrade the CSR said I had to wait until 10 business days had passed.  All is good now.....
0 Likes