Set Top Box Power Cord Replacement
williec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need a replacement power cord for my Set Top Box (Motorola QIP7100-2).  I am mounting a television on a wall and the electrical power outlet for this location is a very tight fit (approximately an inch clearance).  Does anyone know where I may obtain a replacement power cord which has a low profile (right angle or other plug shape that won't extend out from the wall more than an inch)?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Set Top Box Power Cord Replacement
williec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Much Thanks, the piglet solution will work!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

Something like this?  (I am not the seller!!)   You could ask them a question about the exact clearance dimensions....

E-Bay link

0 Likes
williec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply.  Your example is close (it looks like a power cord for a laptop).  On the STB plugin, the shape is slightly different, one side square / one side rounded.  I will check eBay to see if they have any like to it.  I think the cable is a NEMA 1-15P to IEC 60320-C7 polarized cable (assumed this from viewing cable manufacturer's sites; I couldn't find any specifications for the cable in the STB manual and a with a call to Verizon, the only advise I got was check the manual or try Radioshack (Radioshack doesn't carry it).

0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know if they make these, but a "low-profile pigtail" would allow you to use the provided power cord. I use these around the house but they are not low-profile and are generally 3-prong. The allow you to avoid plugging the power bricks into something, thereby losing outlets on powerstrips and wall receptacles.    Good luck!

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've had success using a short adapter cable like this ....

http://www.amazon.com/Cord-degree-rotating-wall-adapter/dp/B003I7FEHQ

I managed to find mine at a local home improvement store rather than online,  but it's essentially the same thing as shown here ... a short pigtail.

williec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Much Thanks, the piglet solution will work!

0 Likes