Set top box is not responding
CharlieR

I'm trying (first time) to access the online (web) control of my HD DVR, but I get the error message that the box is not responding. Any clues on how to wake the box up?  (QIP 6416)

0 Likes
Re: Set top box is not responding
Gus_Gutz
Enthusiast - Level 3

@CharlieR wrote:

I'm trying (first time) to access the online (web) control of my HD DVR, but I get the error message that the box is not responding. Any clues on how to wake the box up?  (QIP 6416)

I have this problem about 80% of the time. (I missed the all star game because my box wouldn't respond and I had to work late.) You can call tech support and reboot everything and it may work for a day or two but eventually it will stop working properly. I have learned from their programming is not to rely on it. Caller ID is the same way and forget about using the YouTube widget as these things work part time too. Others are going to get on here and tell you all sorts of things you can try but in the end a few days from now it will stop working.

0 Likes
Re: Set top box is not responding
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read this thread ... particularly my postings with regards to how to resolve this.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/DVR-web-remote-access/m-p/207481#M20593

0 Likes