Set top box
davecoz

Hi,

Just wondering how many STBs Fios can support. I have heard there are a maximum of 6 and then you need to use a converter and will not be able to get the channel guide or any enriched content.

Appreciate any and all help.

Dave

0 Likes
Re: Set top box
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

The only limitation I heard is the number of simultaneous STB's that can connect  to the Multi-Room DVR.

0 Likes
davecoz

I hope that is correct, i know that early on FIOS was limited to 6 or 7 stb's. There was nothing to prevent you from adding additional stbs but once you crossed the limit, you would run into issues. Most common one was that the guide and any other services would stop working on a different box....

thanks

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Dave, you are right. There was a limitation of 6 or 7 which was supposed to be upped to 15 but I don't know if they upped it yet.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@matcarl wrote:

Dave, you are right. There was a limitation of 6 or 7 which was supposed to be upped to 15 but I don't know if they upped it yet.

Function of the router's MoCA level support.  If it supports MoCA 1.0 then then 7 is the limit.  Actiontec REV. F is supposed to support MoCA 1.1 and handle up to 15.

prisaz
Legend

@Keyboards wrote:

@matcarl wrote:

Function of the router's MoCA level support.  If it supports MoCA 1.0 then then 7 is the limit.  Actiontec REV. F is supposed to support MoCA 1.1 and handle up to 15.

Question remains, what STBs will support MOCA1.1?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Its the router that

@prisaz wrote:
Question remains, what STBs will support MOCA1.1?

It's the router, not the STB that needs to support 1.1 in order to get past the 7 device limit.  The STB is just a device requesting an IP address.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

7 is the lucky number for MOCA connected devices (meaning stb's that can get VOD and IMG and widgets)

you can have 7 total QIP cable boxes, and after that they want you to use a mixture of m-cards and dct 700's,  you can have just about any number of dct 700's or m-cards after the 7 qip limit has been reached.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Last official number I heard was that the current limit of STB's (with guide, VOD, and Widgets) is 10. You can have an additional 5 digital adaptors for a total of 15 TV's. There is talk of extending the number of full funtional boxes up to 15 but the routers are still being developed. At least that is where it was the last time I heard of any "official" limit (info as of last spring)

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

You can only have 7 ASTBs which need to have an ip address from router.

0 Likes