Sleep timer on FIOS Remote?
buckjl
Is there a sleep timer function on the FIOS TV remote? Where?
0 Likes
Re: Sleep timer on FIOS Remote?
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
there is not one on the remote.   maybe there is one in the settings of the Set top box, or the TV itself
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@buckjl wrote:
Is there a sleep timer function on the FIOS TV remote? Where?
There is no timer funtion on the remotes or set top boxes. I have searched all available user guides on the Verizon website. This would need to be a function of your TV. Many TVs have this feature. Unless you are trying to save energy, it does not hurt to leave the STB on. I know when it is off, it still uses some power.
0 Likes
buckjl
Thx. Can the Verizon remote work the sleep timer on a TV (Sharp Aquos) or do I need to use 2 remotes? Hard to find useful information...
0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

You can certainly try.  The Verizon remote is designed to control your TV.   You must first press and release the TV key on the Verizon remote to get it to control just your tv.  You would then need to go into the menue of your TV, settings, perhaps, to find the control.

YOU MUST REMEMBER though, after you are finshed controlling just your TV, to go back to normal operations (controlling the verizon set top box) you must press and release the STB button on the remote control.  

Those keys, the STB, the TV, the AUX, and the DVD, are 'control' buttons that tell the remote control that you want to control that specific device.   In normal operations the set top box (STB) and the TV are programmed to go on & off at same time but only when the last control button that was presses was the STB button.  Also, when you are changing channels you are not changing the physical station on your TV, on most sets, you are just changing the signal coming from the verizon set top box going to the TV   SO the last control button that you want to have pressed is the STB button

0 Likes