Slingbox with new FiOS DVR (CHS 435HDC)
linksfiend
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had FiOS installed with the CHS 435HDC DVR box.  The Slingbox website says it's not a supported set-top box.  Is there anything I can do?  Or will I have to cancel FiOS in a matter of hours after it being installed?

Please help,

Mike 

0 Likes
Re: Slingbox with new FiOS DVR (CHS 435HDC)
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

The only thing that can be done at this time is to contact slingbox for any support. Verizon will not be able to assist you with this issue. Even if you disconnect/reorder fios video service. You will still get the same equipment. It's based off of what the engineers built outside.

0 Likes
gastrof
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mike?

Is the Slingbox not meant to work with FiOS, or is it that it won't work with that particular Cisco box?

If the latter, see if some other Cisco box is listed.   They may use the same remote codes.

Also, maybe the Slingbox can work with a different FiOS set top box offered in your area.  Maybe one of the simple ones meant for old analog TVs, if the Slingbox can take an RF signal on channel 3 or 4.

0 Likes
linksfiend
Enthusiast - Level 2

This can't be correct.  FiOS has been available here for far longer than the introduction of the Cisco DVR.  So other equipment must be compatable.

0 Likes
iluvtechnology1
Contributor - Level 3

Set up the slingbox as if you are connecting it to a Motorola QIP-6416 DVR.

jmchugh00

Just a heads up that this worked great, even two years after the last post.  Thanks for providing an accurate work-around for the newer Cisco FIOS boxes.

0 Likes
AndyFios
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked for me. Thanks.

0 Likes
buucool

Wow! After 3 hours Google search. I found this golden answer! 8 years from the post and it is still work for me. Thanks so much

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes