Some thoughts after being a customer for eight months
bambam50

The good

Internet bandwidth seems to be fairly consistent and as advertised

Decent selection of channels for the price

The bad…

Inability to recorded more than two shows at a time even in SD

Latency between the remote and the box (have changed remote batteries but it doesn’t help)

Popup subscription messages while watching DVR content

Popup messages when turning the box on

Even though the bandwidth is good Netflix will run slow or not at all like it is being throttled…

Audio sometimes degrades the longer you have it on particularly while watching movies. I have experienced audio delay and rapid fluctuations in volume.

Wishes…

I wish that there was a way to hide the channels that I do not subscribe to so I could use the guide.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Some thoughts after being a customer for eight months
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You will find instructions on hiding non subscribed channels here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Add-an-option-to-hide-channels-that-I-don...

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Go to Menu-Settings-Notifications and disable the PopUp alerts, Recommendations and Promotions.

prisaz
Legend

Get the new Quantum TV.  6 Tuners with one VMS or 12 tuners with two Servers. I love mine and just got it yesterday. SOON the will be everywhere.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/Let-Freedom-Ring-FiOS-Quantum-TV-Rolls-On-In-To-Philade...

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

The disabling of non-subscribed channels only works fine as long as you do not turn the STB off. As soon as you set the box to standby it forgets that option. I complained about that several times, but Verizon is apparently unable to make this simple fix.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@JustGotFiOS wrote:

The disabling of non-subscribed channels only works fine as long as you do not turn the STB off. As soon as you set the box to standby it forgets that option. I complained about that several times, but Verizon is apparently unable to make this simple fix.

it should remember that option if you select Last Viewed Guide State and enable it.

Menu>Settings>System>Television

1. Enable Genre's and Filters
  2. Enable Last Viewed Guide State.
0 Likes
Nan2527
Enthusiast - Level 3

Regarding a guide for only what you get with your service:

Create a Favorites list -- or even multple favorites.  

I have only one favorites listing.  It excludes stations I'll never watch even though they're available to me, such as shopping, religion, languages I don't speak, sports...  Just click the "Favorites"<heart> button.  If I want to switch to the full listing, just hit the Favorites button again.  The list toggles between all stations and the favorites list.  I presume that if there were multiple favorites lists, it would toggle through each as well as the full listing.

0 Likes