Sound Cutting Out on Standard Def Channels with or wthout DVR
jscooper22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi!

We are having occasional sound drop-out problems. They seem to only be happening on standard def channels although we have a hi-def box.  (We often record sitcoms and kids shows in standard def to save room on the DVR.)

The problem is that the sound cuts out for a fraction of a second (just long enough to notice) at random spots.  If we rewind and play it back, it still drops out in the same spot so it seems the issue is with the signal getting to the box from the outside line, not an hdmi cable issue as I've seen mentioned elsewhere.

The issue occurs whether we're watching a previously recorded show or a "live" one (understanding that even the live shows are delayed a few seconds to enable the DVR to record it).

I've seen other sound issues related to switching channels but this is not the case here.

I've also had it happen on a small TV with no box. We just have the coax going right into the display to watch standard def  network shows on it.  This leads me to think it's a signal issue, not a DVR one.

Anyone else have this and/or have any luck in getting it resolved?

Thanks!

Jeff

0 Likes
Re: Sound Cutting Out on Standard Def Channels with or wthout DVR
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello Jeff,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the sound on the Set Top Boxes. I sent you a private message to further assist you.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes