Sound problems
married51
I used to live with the occasional sound turning into space aliens talking. Changing the station and back cleared this up. But in the last two weeks we constantly have problem with sound totally dropping out. Sometimes it comes back sometimes we have to change the channel up and back very annoying.
0 Likes
Re: Sound problems
PJL
Master - Level 3

You don't say what models STB or TV you have, or how they are connected, but this issue is sometimes solved for those using HDMI connections and Visio (and other brands) of TVs (or some receivers) and 7XXX STBs by changing the following in the hidden settings menu of the STB (from a post on DSL Reports).  You might give this a try.

Power off the Set top box.
Non the remote hit Select
On the remote immediately hit Menu
You will see a white screen and an all text menu called USER SETTINGS. Use the arrow keys to move around.

Scroll down to a line that says "ADDITIONAL HDMI SETTINGS" and hit a right arrow to get into the next level of the menu

There is a sound setting called AUDIO OUTPUT It says AUTO Scroll to it and change it to L-PCM.

0 Likes
Re: Sound problems
married51

Thanks - I do have the Visio connected with the HDMI cable.  I have the upgraded STB but can't get home to see the model.  I'll try what you said, then post back if it continues.  Thanks a lot

0 Likes