Stop selling (and charging) for a product that doesn't fully do what it's intended for.
trippingpara
Enthusiast - Level 1

From an advertisement sent to me from Verizon, I upgraded my DVR to the new Quantum DVR.  I installed the new media center and router.  The installation seemed to work well until we tried to set up all of our scheduled series (the whole reason we upgraded was to be able to record more series).  The problem?  You can't schedule any recording from the search menu.  You have to record them from the Guide.  Which means you have to know when it will air and on what channel and you have to manually scroll through the Guide (hour by hour) to find that show.  When you are recording dozens of series, that takes hours.  Tried to set them up via computer...most of the shows now show up in the DVR as untitled and they don't record anything.  Yep, works great!!  So glad I'm paying more for this product that doesn't work as advertised.  I was a raving fan of Verizon until I was told by a technical rep that didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered by me "... just wait for our next upgrade.  That should fix it."  I was then told that upgrade would be sometime next month.  Really??  That's what you call customer service.  You release a new product with known bugs that affect a major part of the service and you expect your customers to wait patiently for the "fix" and continue to pay a higher price for this??  I'm sure you're aware that your competitors are out there aggressively knocking on doors.  I think next time, I'll answer the door!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Stop selling (and charging) for a product that doesn't fully do what it's intended for.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of these are known issues (and hopefully fixed soon).

Were you not able to import saved series when you brought the system up?

0 Likes
Re: Stop selling (and charging) for a product that doesn't fully do what it's intended for.
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

@trippingpara wrote:

From an advertisement sent to me from Verizon, I upgraded my DVR to the new Quantum DVR.  I installed the new media center and router.  The installation seemed to work well until we tried to set up all of our scheduled series (the whole reason we upgraded was to be able to record more series).  The problem?  You can't schedule any recording from the search menu.  You have to record them from the Guide.  Which means you have to know when it will air and on what channel and you have to manually scroll through the Guide (hour by hour) to find that show.  When you are recording dozens of series, that takes hours.  Tried to set them up via computer...most of the shows now show up in the DVR as untitled and they don't record anything.  Yep, works great!!  So glad I'm paying more for this product that doesn't work as advertised.  I was a raving fan of Verizon until I was told by a technical rep that didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered by me "... just wait for our next upgrade.  That should fix it."  I was then told that upgrade would be sometime next month.  Really??  That's what you call customer service.  You release a new product with known bugs that affect a major part of the service and you expect your customers to wait patiently for the "fix" and continue to pay a higher price for this??  I'm sure you're aware that your competitors are out there aggressively knocking on doors.  I think next time, I'll answer the door!

This feature was working when Quantum rolled out. They did some kind of update and it screwed up the series recording. This "screwup" effects ALL DVR's ( Quantum and Moto 72xx )

So.. it's just not your new quantum that is effected. There are numerous threads about this on here.

0 Likes
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

I was so gung ho to get the new VMS.   Then the delay of 3 years.  Then they roll out a buggy box.  That costs more.  Even more for people that have a free box in the house.  How can they be delayed for 3 years and not have a perfect box.

We decided it would be more anoying to get the new box.  So we decided to stay with the old 2 turner box.  Makes us sad that we were forced to stay with an old box.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You can also do it online at the Verizon website, or the FiOS mobile app as a work around until they fix that.

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

Ditto "joker211's" post. I'm sitting on the sidelines, waiting for Verizon to clean up the bugs, before "upgrading?" to the VMS 1100 & client STB's.

0 Likes