Re: THE SAME OLD HORRIBLE SERVICE
Furious

Thank you for the tip! I just have to let you know that hasn't worked for me in the past. It basically does the same thing it would do if actually put in any number not associated with Verizon.

The magical words "Let me get you someone who can help you!" It's the actual portal to the black hole of sequential "I can't help you, let me transfer you to another department.".

I'm a Training and Development (T&D) professional and based on my experience of 7 years, Verizon Customer Service training has done an admirable job on the "Let me transfer you to someone else!" skill.

Every representative seems to do that very well. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the following critical elements:

1. Attentive Listening

2. Taking ownership to find solutions (this means not "cold" transferring a call every chance one gets).

3. Minimizing mistakes.

4. Learning from past mistakes.

5. EMPATHIZING with the caller's situation!

By the way, I found out the way to get where you want to go in the automated voice system:

When asked:

"Do you have a Verizon account?" answer= Yes

"Say the 10 digit number of your Verizon account or say I don't have one

" Answer= "I don't have one"

" When you first signed up you might have given us a number by which to reach you, say that number" Answer= If you gave such number i.e. your non Verizon cell phone, enter it.

This would give you an option such as "Which service are you calling about?" and finally.... the promised land!

Otherwise you are S.O.L.

Furious out!

0 Likes
Re: THE SAME OLD HORRIBLE SERVICE
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Odd. That has always taken me directly to a FiOS Tech Support agent. Although, to be honest, there's no telling whether any given T.S.A. can help with the issue you are having at the time.

Anytime I feel that I am in the right department but the agent is saying they'll have to transfer me, I ask to speak to a supervisor. If I explain it to the supervisor and they still think I need to be transferred, then at least I can hope that they actually know where to send me.

0 Likes