Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
mrbcobb
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

TIVO - Cable card, can't get fios TV to work

Hi-

I had Fios installed on Monday. The tech left before making sure TV worked.

I have a cable card running throught a Tivo HD.

Called tech support and they could not get it to work.

Tech came out this morning and put in a new CableCard. He left before resolving the issue because he was only "working a half day" or similar.

Called tech support tonight and we could not get the card to work. They want to send out another tech tomorrow morning.

So i'm 2 days into FIOS with no TV service. previous provider was Comcast via cable card through Tivo with no issues.

Am i the only one with this kind of issue? Are there any recommended steps for resolution that I'm missing?

thanks.

Contributor
mrbcobb
0 Kudos

Re: TIVO - Cable card, can't get fios TV to work

Issue fixed by 3rd tech in 3 days. Installng tech left a comcast coax running into my house, and subsequently my tv.

Cheers

Contributor
Javiwan99
0 Kudos

My problem with the Tivo-Cable card combo is that it works for a while, then most of my channels go to a grey screen.  The Tivo info for each channel remains, but the picture is gone.  This happens once to three times a day.  Only way to get the channels back is to sit through the 10 minute Tivo reset. 

Called Tivo about 2 weeks ago and after some troubleshooting their diagnosis was that the signal strength was too high (38 db).  Standard is between 20-35 db?  They suggested using a splitter to bring the signal strength down.  Installed a splitter, but the signal strength remained the same AND this made the problem worse. 

Next will contat Verizon.  Very close to giving up on the cable card and going with a box.  Didn't do a box initially because the tech said he could not connect it to the Tivo.

Anyone have any success with this?

Tivo HD

FIOS HD standard service

JP

Contributor
onlymyrrh
0 Kudos

I'm installing my new Tivo Premier with cable card tomorrow.  If I am successful and the TV works, I'll report back!

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411