TNT Pixellation - Can't watch the 2010 NBA Playoffs!
Akutz

We are in the DFW area - this is the only channel that is unwatchable on our FIOS.  It started about 3 to 4 days ago.  Is anyone else having this problem?  We have done all the steps it tells us to troubleshoot the issue (the instructions that pop up on the screen).  Obviously something else is detecting the problem, but nothing we do corrects it.

0 Likes
Re: TNT Pixellation - Can't watch the 2010 NBA Playoffs!
drakefantastic

This happened to me--TNT didn't work but everything else did.  The problem was that my coaxial connection to the back of the STB/DVR was bad.  I cut off the connector and put a new compression connector on.  If you don't know how to do that, try unscrewing the connector, cleaning the contact points, and putting it back on.  If it still doesn't work, call Verizon and they will probably have to send a tech out. 

0 Likes
jacksnodgrass

I had problems with TNT and a bad signal level ( came across as pixelization  ) too... I replaced my coax and the issue seems to have resovled itself... not sure why TNT (HD channel ) was the only one that I noticed the issue on.

jack

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Each channel is on its own frequency. when you have a loose, dirty, or otherwise bad connector, it will allow in interference, This affects some frequencies but not others. TNT is likely on one of those that get affected. There are usually 3 or 4 channels per frequencies, but likely that is the only one that you watch and notice.

0 Likes