TV Box Shuts Down Frequently
Tyndall
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Our TV boxes keep shutting off and resetting every 10 - 30 minutes.  It seems that when this happens that the internet also fails.

Has anyone else had this type of problem?  I am thinking that it may be a problem with the router or the TV boxes (Motorola 6416-2).

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: TV Box Shuts Down Frequently
Pstreicher
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having this same problem too. I got a UPS battery backup for the master bedroom and seemed to help. I say seemed, because the shutoffs slowed down to next to nothing after adding that box. I realized later after several weeks of being around the house and awake when the electric company gives us fits with the little half second brownouts or whatever it's called. So, I have to blame all the shutoffs on the electric company. It hasn't happened in a long time now but I'll bet it will now after reading your message and replying to you. I hope you figure it out on your end. I started dreading waking up and having to run around the house and turn on all the boxes. I had this same problem, only worse at another house I used to live in. I had constant electric outages over there. Still, a UPS is a good investment for anything entertainment wise. I have another one in the office taking care of the computers in there. Sure, they cost a tad bit but they are worth their weight in gold when you are in the middle of a t.v. show or typing something, only to have Mr. Electric company interrupt your power. But, with these battery boxes it saves you grief and you can keep on doing what you're doing after the monitor turns back on or you turn the screen back on manually.

Isn't life fun? I just got off the phone with a rep who had to re-download the software into a set-top here in the office as I wasn't getting but a fraction of the channels on the guide that I normally have. What's next I ask. It's always something it seems to keep you from what you really want to be doing. 

Good luck. 

Re: TV Box Shuts Down Frequently
Tyndall
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you for the suggestion. Where did you put the UPS?  In your entertainment center?
0 Likes