• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
Will3212
0 Kudos

TV Box hookup

The back of 6416-2 does not match the diagram.  It has an RF in but no RF out (cable to TV).  The diagram is showing two cable outlets, our receiver only has the one.  What am I missing?
Nickel Contributor
G-Pon
0 Kudos

Re: TV Box hookup

The paper placed in the box is indeed incorrect. Since the CoAx can not transmit the HD signal to the TV it would not serve your needs to have a CoAx “out to TV” outlet on that box.

Connect the box to your TV using “Component” cabling (the 5 little RCA jacks, blue, green, orange, red and white)
or
HDMI (the square USB looking one, if Samsung or Sony Bravia TV “Component” might be better)

Either of these cable choices will deliver 1080 HD video to your TV.

If the TV is an older one and can not accept these 2 types of input, use “Composite” cabling to connect the box to the TV (3 RCA jacks, yellow, white, and red)

In both methods of RCA jack use, Component and Composite the red and white are for audio.

Gold Contributor I
spacedebris
0 Kudos

Re: TV Box hookup

Verizon has two hd dvr's. only the 7216 has an RF out connection. The origonal thought was that people were purchasing the box for HD pic. so there was no need for an RF out. But they didnt take into account that many people were getting the HD dvr for the Hard drive size, more recording capibility. And as such many of these people did not have HD tv's and many only had tv's with only an rf input. So when they changed model numbers, they had an rf output added. The pic on the diagram is of the new design. But that should be the only difference

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411