TV Button on Remote Not Responding When Pushed
FiOS_customer1
I have the RC1445302 remote for my FiOS set top box (it has the option to control 3 devices in addition to the set top box). I've previously programmed it successfully to control my TV. For years, when I wanted to control my TV, I would press the TV button and then the Menu button, and my TV's menu would appear (as opposed to the Verizon TV menu from the set top box). Or if I just wanted to power on or off the TV, I would press the TV button and then the Power button. I am not sure what happened, but I can no longer get this to work, though the remote continues to succssfully control my TV volume. Now, if I press the TV button, it doesn't light up. It will light up if I press the volume buttons. But if pressed on its own, it will not respond. If I reprogram the TV button, as soon as it is done being reprogrammed with the correct code, I can get the TV to respond to the the Menu button, however, as soon as I press another device's button, the TV button no longer will light up or respond when pressed. I have reset the remote per the user manual instructions and then reprogrammed the TV button for my TV, but still the problem persists. I thought about taking apart the remote to see if there was something wrong with the button itself, but I cannot figure out how to open up the remote. I'd appreciate any assistance that can be offered.
0 Likes
Re: TV Button on Remote Not Responding When Pushed
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds like a bad button in the remote.  Unfortunately the remotes are not user serviceable so there really is no way to work on them.  You can order a replacement remote at www.verizon.com/fiosaccessories

Matt

0 Likes