TV Picture Freezing
RAS47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upgraded to Quantum about two weeks ago. Suddenly I'm getting freezing on one TV. No pixelation problems. The picutre just feezes like I hit Pause on the DVR, except I'm watching live TV. When I push Channel+ and Channel- it goes back to proper operation. I haven't changed any settings since installing the Quantum upgrade equipment, and it only appears to be happening on one TV in the house out of five.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TV Picture Freezing
RAS47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this old discussion on the support forum: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/FiOS-Self-Service-Tip/td-p/537889

Resetting my box seems to have sorted out the issue. It was freezing every 10-15 minutes earleir today, but since doing the reset as outlined I have not had a freeze in more than three hours. Excellent!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I am assuming that it is a client. Probably either a bad set top box or the MOCA signal on that coax is too low.

0 Likes
RAS47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this old discussion on the support forum: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/FiOS-Self-Service-Tip/td-p/537889

Resetting my box seems to have sorted out the issue. It was freezing every 10-15 minutes earleir today, but since doing the reset as outlined I have not had a freeze in more than three hours. Excellent!!

0 Likes
vista405

Picture stops moving and no sound. Happened on channnel 7 normal air broadcast station and on DIY upper band channel usually around 5:30-8PM window.

0 Likes
chaz31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happens all the time. Freezes, no sound. Hello Direct TV!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes