TV Tuner card for MAC
CZ1957

Can anyone suggest the right tuner card for my iMac that will allow me to access my fios TV service on my computer?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: TV Tuner card for MAC
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Are you looking for a tuner that lets you watch local programming without a cable box? Or are you wanting to watch all the channels that you are subscribed to?

If you are just wanting local channels. Then Items like these are likely what you are looking for.

If you want all the channels the Verizon provides, you will need to connect a STB to your computer. You will need something like this to link a STB to your computer.

0 Likes
Re: TV Tuner card for MAC
CZ1957

Thanks for responding. What I think I want is the latter, but that STB device seems like a transfer video device. I just want for my fios service to be available live on my computer screen as well as my TV (so my son can watch his programming on our computer while I watch mine on our TV) I essentially want to use my computer as a second TV. FOIS informed me that doing that will require an extra $3.99 a month plus a "cable tuner card" for my Mac. So is this the right device for that?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes