TV service without set-top box
jjphones1

Hi,

I was looking into ordering fios TV without having to order a set-top box. But the online Chat agent tells me that I need to order at least one set-top box. Since I have a TiVo capable of taking a cableCARD, I have no use for Verizon's set-top box and certainly would not like to pay for a box that I have no use for. Can anyone confirm what the online chat agent said? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: TV service without set-top box
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have seen other posts where people say they have to take the ST.

Then turn right around and return it.

Shouldn't have to work that way, but I beleive that may be the path of least resistance.

0 Likes
Re: TV service without set-top box
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jjphones wrote:

Hi,

I was looking into ordering fios TV without having to order a set-top box. But the online Chat agent tells me that I need to order at least one set-top box. Since I have a TiVo capable of taking a cableCARD, I have no use for Verizon's set-top box and certainly would not like to pay for a box that I have no use for. Can anyone confirm what the online chat agent said? Thanks.

If you order online with an STB and save the order just before placing it, then contact Verizon with the order number in process, they can delete the STB before the order is placed and complete the order.

0 Likes