Tivo Activation and Verizon DVR STB
senorgregster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I Just signed up for FiOS. I've waited 4 long years for this and I can't wait for the install on Wednesday. In anticpation of the install, several months ago I bought a couple of series 3 (Tivo HD XL). When I signed up, Verizon gave me their DVR free for 12 months so I'll only install one Tivo for now. This leads to three questions.

1) When and who should I ask for the card for the Tivo?

2) What card do I need? Is it an M-card?

3) What DVR should I attempt to get if I have a friendly installer? Is their a specific model number that has a larger capacity and is more stable than others?

Thanks in advance, this looks like a great community forum.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tivo Activation and Verizon DVR STB
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@senorgregster wrote:

Hi,

I Just signed up for FiOS. I've waited 4 long years for this and I can't wait for the install on Wednesday. In anticpation of the install, several months ago I bought a couple of series 3 (Tivo HD XL). When I signed up, Verizon gave me their DVR free for 12 months so I'll only install one Tivo for now. This leads to three questions.

3) What DVR should I attempt to get if I have a friendly installer? Is their a specific model number that has a larger capacity and is more stable than others?

When you placed your order, that is the time you should have let them know that you will need a cable card. You need the M card (which is all Verizon provides at the moment anyway). But the Tech's do not normally keep them on the truck. They need to know in advance that you want the Cable Card. If you did not let them know when you placed your order, then you need to call orders and have them update your order to include the request for a cable card, otherwise the tech will not have one to give you.

The 7232 DVR is the one you want. It is the newest and the one with the largest capacity. Now quite honestly, if the tech has one, that is the one he is going to give you. They, just like you, prefer to give out the newest and best whenever possible. If he has one, that is what you will get.

View solution in original post

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@senorgregster wrote:

Hi,

When you placed your order, that is the time you should have let them know that you will need a cable card. You need the M card (which is all Verizon provides at the moment anyway). But the Tech's do not normally keep them on the truck. They need to know in advance that you want the Cable Card. If you did not let them know when you placed your order, then you need to call orders and have them update your order to include the request for a cable card, otherwise the tech will not have one to give you.

The 7232 DVR is the one you want. It is the newest and the one with the largest capacity. Now quite honestly, if the tech has one, that is the one he is going to give you. They, just like you, prefer to give out the newest and best whenever possible. If he has one, that is what you will get.

senorgregster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the detailed response. I'll give them a call. I did ask the rep when I place the order and they glazed over it as if they never heard of Tivo.

Thanks also for the model number. Hopefully I can get that one.

Is it Wdnesday yet? Smiley Happy

0 Likes