Tivo and MultiStream card missing about 25 channels in Xtreme HD package
R3trop
Enthusiast - Level 2

After about 12 phone calls (which ate about 8-10 hours of my time) and 2 tech visits (install and follow up - another 8 hours)no one has a clue of why I am missing channels such as 550 (usaHD) 628 (historyHD).  The next thing they want to try is to replace the cablecard which they didnt think was the issue since it responds to commands and receives channels - just not about 25 of them in the Xtreme HD package.  This issue has been there from day 1 of getting FIOS TV.  So far I am not impressed.

Any one have any ideas about this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tivo and MultiStream card missing about 25 channels in Xtreme HD package
R3trop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Changed the card - same issue.  Ran a line directly into the ONT from the tivo and problem was gone - turned out that during the original install they connected a line to the splitter that we cant figure out where it goes, but was creating interference.  Removed that line and all channels are now there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Lori
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello R3trop,  Sorry to hear your experience so far has not been a good one.  Did you end up getting an appt for a tech to come back out to change the cable card? 

Thanks,

Lori

0 Likes
R3trop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Lori,

The tech said he was goign to order a new card an come back Tuesday.  I have no reason to doubt him, but I dont think there is any "official" appointment.  I will find out Tuesday I guess.

0 Likes
VZ_Lori
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi R3trop,

If the tech does not show to change out the cable card let me know.  I will set up an "official" appt for you. Again so sorry it hasn't been the best experience for you.

Lori

Verizon Fiber Solutions

0 Likes
FiOSinFontana

I had a problem with missing channels on my TiVo, and a reboot as well as a call to Verizon didn't help, but a reboot of the ONT fixed it.

0 Likes
R3trop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tip  - just tried that, but unfortunately it did not help.

0 Likes
R3trop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Changed the card - same issue.  Ran a line directly into the ONT from the tivo and problem was gone - turned out that during the original install they connected a line to the splitter that we cant figure out where it goes, but was creating interference.  Removed that line and all channels are now there.

0 Likes