Customers With Disabilities
Contributor
qstorm28
0 Kudos

Transferring shows from DVR to DVR

I just got FiosTv and the box we received doesn't work. However, it worked long enough for me to program it to tape all of my shows for a week, and it appears to have taped all of them. But now we have to get a new box and I will lose all of my shows if I can't transfer them.

Does anyone know how to transfer recorded programs from one VZ Fios DVR box to another? 

Silver Contributor II
KenAF
Device: Blackberry 9630
0 Kudos

Re: Transferring shows from DVR to DVR

There is no way to transfer recordings from one FiOS DVR to another.

What was wrong with your box?  A number of common issues can be "fixed" by disconnecting the power for 30 seconds.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Contributor
qstorm28
0 Kudos

That's disappointing. I tried unplugging and we went through a number of things with the Verizon rep.  

Now everytime I turn on the box (after unplugging) it turns on for a second then shuts off and you can't get it to turn on again. Before it would just crash when you tried to do anything. 

Copper Contributor
MikeT
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
My box does the same thing if I unplug it (once every two or three months).  When it turns on it makes one click then powers off.  I figured out what I have to do when I plug the power cord back in is to press the power button as soon as it powers off.  I may have to do this two times.  This seems to make the box "come alive" and boot up.  I know that I have a bad box but this is something that I can live with as it has no other issues.
Message Edited by MikeT on 02-23-2009 07:57 AM

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools