Turn off front display buttons????
nickjill

Is there any way to turn off the front panel buttons on the Motorola HD QIP 7100 1 box? My 2 year old is driving me crazy with these buttons. So far wasted $20 on panel covers he seems to outsmart... 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Turn off front display buttons????
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@nickjill wrote:

Is there any way to turn off the front panel buttons on the Motorola HD QIP 7100 1 box? My 2 year old is driving me crazy with these buttons. So far wasted $20 on panel covers he seems to outsmart... 🙂

There is no way to disable the buttons (they are used to access several "hidden" menues after the power is off).  You can have the display turn off when the STB is turned off, but that is all.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

duct tape!!!!!!

looks tacky but works great. 

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

As was said ... no way to disable the buttons.  When my son was small, I found it necessary to put the box "above" the TV  so it was out of reach for this exact same reason.  (Remember those commercials with a VCR spitting out a tape and pile of oatmeal thanks to the antics of a small child?  Well, believe me, I speak from experience in that department!).

Seriously, a locking electronics cabinet or placing the box physically out of reach (which thanks to the digital nature of HDMI can be pretty far away) -- and if you want to use a remote repeater it could even be behind the TV or in a closet out of reach -- is really the only solution.

Duct tape works ... until it's time to change a diaper!  Smiley Surprised

0 Likes