Two set top boxes one cable
fereniki131

I have had a dvr box in my bedroom and another set top on my back porch. There is only one cable from the outside coming in the wall. Some how they hooked up both boxes to run separately with a cable. Kids moved in so I moved the porch box to their room. Now kids are gone and I cannot get the wiring right to run both boxes. Any suggestions or ideas?  They said they could send some tech out for 80.00 I'd rather not. I have one free cable that has to go somewhere I just don't know where. I have tried a splitter and it does not work. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Two set top boxes one cable
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're going to need to describe what cables you have where a bit more clearly ...

- Do you have a cable on the porch?  If so, where does the other end of it go?  Is it presently connected to anything?

- The connection to the TV in the bedroom, where does the other end of that cable go?  Is it presently connected to anything?

- There should be a box installed somewere on your house called an ONT (it's where the fiber terminates from Verizon and is converted into the cable and phone line).    The cable that comes out of that box (the coax, not the fiber), where does that run to?  Is it presently connected to anything?

0 Likes