Unable to view HD content via YouTube Widget
dlyons2

Over the weekend, I installed MediaManager setup the YouTube widget with a HD DVR. It is playing videos ok but I can’t seem to play any HD content or select the video quality setting. It is not showing the highest quality settings offered for the videos.

For all YouTube videos I’ve selected that have multiple quality settings (ex. 480p, 720p, 1080i), the widget only shows video at 480. My TV reports it is receivinga 480i or 480p signal, even in full screen video mode. Can the Widget play YouTube HD-quality (720p, 1080i) videos? If it can not, then I’m confused why this feature is restricted to HD cable boxes.

Is there a way through the widget to select the video playback quality? I didn’t see an option to select it as you can on YouTube. In MediaManager, I found and changed the video setting to use High instead of default. However, that didn’t make a difference. I’m also logged into my YouTube account on the TV and my YouTube account indicates to “always play HD when switching to fullscreen (when available)”.

Is this issue specific to my setup or is it a limitation of the widget?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to view HD content via YouTube Widget
PJL
Master - Level 3

Media Manager does not support streaming of any HD formats to the STB, including YouTube or files that reside on you computer hard drive.  From the Media Manager help:  "Do not use high quality formats such as HD video or audio recorded in 7 channels since Verizon Media Manager does not support those formats."

0 Likes
Re: Unable to view HD content via YouTube Widget
dlyons2

Thanks for the information. I wanted to know for sure and I couldn't find it on the web site.

I shouldn't be surprised it is buried in the help instead of being listed as a limitation in the marketing or support information. Maybe they'll HD content in the future.

0 Likes