Unhappy with update changes
ajolley1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update has caused multiple new issues on my DVR.  I hope that Verizon is working quickly to resolve these matters.  I would appreciate any updates that VerizonFios can provide.

1.  My recordings now taking up more space on my DVR.  My DVR is now capable of recording fewer shows, without any notification that this would happen.  

2.  Prior to the update, if I was watching a show and my DVR ran out of space, I got an immediate notiication, and the new show was not recorded.  Now, I receive no notification, and the most recently recorded show is deleted without notification.  I am extremely unhappy about this, and would have appreciated a notification of this change.  I hope that this changes in the future.

3.  I used to be able to search by episode name - I can no longer do this and get the expected results.  The search functionality has decreased significantly as a result of this update.

4.  There are many more signifiant slow response times on the DVR.  When trying to change channels or look anything up on the DVR, I often have delays over a minute before something apears.  This occurred occasionally before, but now occurs almost daily.

Any updates on what is being done to resolve these issues is appreciated.  

Re: Unhappy with update changes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ajolley,

If you are still having these issues, would you mind sending us a PM so we can trouble shoot with you in a more private area please?

~Jess

0 Likes
rdb4179
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to the club.

The only problem they owned up to is when recording a live broadcast and watching it a few minutes in the past, if you hit stop play and then resume play, it jumps to real time.

They sent me a new DVR which hasn't fixed a thing, I will lose all of my recorded programs because Verizons answer to almost anything their customer wants is "No" or is isn't possible because of Copywrite issues.  I say **bleep**, If I recorded it once and don't want to make a second copy bnut mearly move it to my new dvr before sending the old one back, let me do it.

I hate almost everything about the new update.  They haven't committed to fixing the problems.  I am telling them there is Cablevision in my area and I had them prior to Fios but if they can't fix the problems they created soon, I am switching.

Good luck with the issues.

0 Likes
rdb4179
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon 'FIX THE PROBLEMS - THEY HAVE BEEN REPORTED AND STOP DANCING AROUND THE ISSUE"

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some of the bugs will be fixed.  Some are not bugs at all but specific intent.  And some are users not understanding how to use the revised IMG.

General complaints without specific will never be addressed.  The IMG was a major jump trying to add a bunch of features, and as such was always more likely to add some bugs.

Don't forget that here you are just complaining to us your fellow peers.

0 Likes