Universal Remote code for Toshiba sd-v296 combo DVD / VCR
nealzy

Anyone know which of the 20 possible codes works with this combo DVD / VCR ?  I've tried several - no luck.  Searched the forums and it doesn't look like there are any posts on this obscure Toshiba combo.  Manuf. date is mid-2009...  Thanks in advance for any assistance...

0 Likes
Re: Universal Remote code for Toshiba sd-v296 combo DVD / VCR
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi nealzy, 

Here is a site where you can access all the codes for all our remote control models as I don't know which you have. I see more than 20 codes for Toshiba. You can try the dvd codes, as well as the vcr codes. Sometimes one or the other will work.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/User+Guides/User+Guides.htm

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
PtaylorM

That is such a lame answer.  Why don't you do the work to contact the manufacturer and identify the code and answer the speciffic question rather than expect each and every client so sort through numberous codes that do not work?

I've go tthe same problem and no, none of the codes work for the DVD/VCR combo.

This is customer support??

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things:

1) This is set up to mainly be a user supported board (although Verizon does pop in at times).

2) Verizon (like most people that have multi device remotes) doesn't guarantee that any given device will work with their remote. So they provide a list as well as an option to manually search for a code that works.

0 Likes