VMS & IPC Low MOCA speeds Check your COAX!
prisaz
Legend

To much load on the COAX? Two 4-way by directional splitters and the router sits on the first splitter.

Make sure in is in and out is out.

Quantum TV ROCKs! Now that I removed the sand.

Enable Client Ethernet option with hopes they built it with Gigabit!

System Log LAN Coax LAN Coax Link Low Rate <TX 89Mbps/RX 113Mbps>

Actiontec issues, did not see this prior to Quantum TV?

Why does the router report this if the Ethernet is supporting the computers at Gigabit, and MOCA LAN is supporting the IPC Clients?

The clients should not care at this MOCA speed?

Does it matter that the LAN is running slow, since the MOCA WAN and LAN are at a different frequencies, and MOCA WAN not used with Ethernet WAN configurations?

Or would this too cause a bottle neck on the bridge, because with Gigabit LAN it should not?

Come on Verizon get a router with MOCA 2.0 and decent Wifi!

All VMS and IPC devices report a good SNR. Is this only an issue with the load on MOCA it you are running MOCA WAN?

ONT, 1- MI424WR-GEN3I, 1- VMS-1100, 3- IPC-1100, and 1- Media Center Network Tuner. Now say I add another VMS-1100 or more clients.

The CSR was clueless, and kept wanting access to my private network and PC. I don't think so. Do what you wish on your network, mine is mine!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Low MOCA speeds with VMS and IPC Client! Check your coax work!!!!
prisaz
Legend

Check your in and out splitter connections and make sure they are tight and in is in and out is out.Smiley Embarassed

I will be the first to admit when I double check my work and find I was wrong. Hey what do you want when your reconnecting  coax cables after running Media Center extenders on Ethernet for 16 months in anticipation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Low MOCA speeds with VMS and IPC Client
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

They are coming out with a new router that does Moca 2.0

0 Likes
Re: Low MOCA speeds with VMS and IPC Client! Check your coax work!!!!
prisaz
Legend

Check your in and out splitter connections and make sure they are tight and in is in and out is out.Smiley Embarassed

I will be the first to admit when I double check my work and find I was wrong. Hey what do you want when your reconnecting  coax cables after running Media Center extenders on Ethernet for 16 months in anticipation.

0 Likes