VMS1100 Bug: 100% Full Glitch
GuardianHope
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I am certain there are probably a dozen threads on this by now, I have a VMS1100 which should be an upgrade compared to the old DVR. However, upgrade or not it gets very annoying having to run STB autocorrect every other day because the DVR software on the latest IMG (APR1 or AR1 - something like that) glitches out and says the DVR is at full capcity.

Does Verizon ever intend to fix this? I mean, their "Quantum DVR," minus the fact that it can record up to 6 (or 12) shows at once, is already so far behind the competition that it makes these little bugs matter far more.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VMS1100 Bug: 100% Full Glitch
GuardianHope
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I figured out what's going on in terms of why the OS is misreporting the usage total.

After doing the Power + Select + Select to enter the Diagnostics Menu (do not attempt unless you know what you're reading) I took a look at the HDD status and saw that a little over 44GB of disk space was left available for recording programs. Knowing that I decided to return back to the IMG and go to the "Recent Deletes" section and told it to "Delete All" and suddenly the 100% usage dropped back down to 84% with the same amount of recorded programming time.

It seems that the IMG is reading the "Recent Deletes" section as part of the "Total Usage" though it shouldn't be since those are the programs that are "technically" deleted and would be removed as new programs take up space.

Additionally, it also seems that this occurs only as you reach the higher threshold of programming.

I took a look at the Diagnostiscs Menu following my procedure and noticed that the disk space available for recording ("Record Capcity Remaining") went from just over 44GB back up to a little over 185GB.

This is definitely a bug in the DVR's operating system. Is there a place to report these things to Verizon?  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

First I have read about this particular issue.

Did you subscribe to the full 6 tuner version?

If you look at the menu that shows space, what does it say?

Have you contacted support?

0 Likes
GuardianHope
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I subscribed to the full 6 tuner version (didn't see a need for 12 tuners).

When the glitch occurs and I look at the menu it will say 100% Disk Space Used ("127 hrs. of HD Content; 0 hours of SD" or something similar). Afte restarting with STB autocorrect it returns to ~86% (same amount of hours recorded)

I have contacted support and since it resolves itself after an STB autocorrect they like to to chalk it up to a "software glitch."

What I did notice is that the glitch really only seems to appear when manually deleteing recordings from the "recorded shows" list which is something I've ben doing because I've been busy and only am now starting to catch up on missed programs.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't say that I have ever run more than 40% or so.

May be an issue with going so high (I agree you should be able to just why I haven't seen it).

0 Likes
GuardianHope
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I figured out what's going on in terms of why the OS is misreporting the usage total.

After doing the Power + Select + Select to enter the Diagnostics Menu (do not attempt unless you know what you're reading) I took a look at the HDD status and saw that a little over 44GB of disk space was left available for recording programs. Knowing that I decided to return back to the IMG and go to the "Recent Deletes" section and told it to "Delete All" and suddenly the 100% usage dropped back down to 84% with the same amount of recorded programming time.

It seems that the IMG is reading the "Recent Deletes" section as part of the "Total Usage" though it shouldn't be since those are the programs that are "technically" deleted and would be removed as new programs take up space.

Additionally, it also seems that this occurs only as you reach the higher threshold of programming.

I took a look at the Diagnostiscs Menu following my procedure and noticed that the disk space available for recording ("Record Capcity Remaining") went from just over 44GB back up to a little over 185GB.

This is definitely a bug in the DVR's operating system. Is there a place to report these things to Verizon?  

0 Likes