Re: VOD resume play useless
eljefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am under no illusion that chest thumping on this forum will have any positive effect, but I too am done with VOD until the resume problem is corrected.  Until then I'll just rent my movies some other way.

Maybe....just maybe....if resume being broken costs Verizon enough revenue they'll take notice and move a fix up  on their list of priorities.   I won't be holding my breath.

kathleenpf
Enthusiast - Level 2

So this has been going on for a year?!  Unless all of the functions are working properly, I won't be investing any money on VOD.  This is ludicrous.  You have a Resume button, it should work.

0 Likes
kathleenpf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon just keeps raising their prices, and giving us less.

0 Likes
dalerach

a poster said this "

If they're only going to provide me with 75% of my services, does this mean I only have to pay 75% of my bill!!

Seriously Verizon/FiOS, keep up the great work (*that’s sarcasm btw), and soon I won’t have to pay my bill with you guys at all ever gain, because I’ll just cancel my service!!"...I agree, now i understand why Netflix stocks went up, because of this kind of unacceptable nonsense! I am seriously thinking of going back to TW! that is Time Warner!

0 Likes
mevans6

This is disgusting!! This has been an issue for OVER THREE YEARS and they cannot come up with a solution???  Where do we send complaints to?

0 Likes
VZProblems

Is this for real?  Resume rarely works for me and I can't believe it.

I was watching a 2 hour primetime VOD program that disables fast-forwarding, and I got about half-way through when I paused for several minutes to take a break. When I returned, live TV was playing.  I found the show again in the VOD menus (tediously) and there was a Resume option, so I pressed it and it started from the beginning of the show. I was very angry. I thought it was just a fluke, but it's definitely not since it's happened to me several times already for all kinds of VOD content (free TV, premium TV and movies).

I heard that Fios was way better than TWC, so I switched this month after moving into my new apartment. So far I'm very disappointed, and I've got a 2-year contract. The menus are way worse than TWC (especially Premium VOD), the FF function appears to be much slower (although I do like the skip-30 seconds feature) and the Resume VOD feature rarely works for me (and it's probably the most important feature to me).

I haven't tried calling tech support since I came to the forums first, but I'll probably try that next. Frankly, I'm surprised that I'm seeing other people reporting this same issue for over three years now.

- Disappointed customer

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

For me, it always works on Some VOD channels, and never works on others.  I suspect something in how these particular channels are setup BY THE SUPPLIER.

0 Likes