VZ - Please add SAP audio support to next STB software
zhzh
Enthusiast - Level 2

My HDTV has SAP (second audio program) option but only when viewing through the built-in tuner.  My FiOS STB connects via HDMI so the TV's SAP support will not work now.  Yikes!  Can that please be added to whatever comes after 1.6.2?

For the record I am using a Toshiba 42RV530U.  Quoting from the manual here...

The multi-channel TV sound (MTS) feature allows you to 

output high-fidelity stereo sound. MTS also can transmit a 

second audio program (SAP) containing a second language, 

music, or other audio information (when provided by 

individual stations). 

When the TV receives a stereo or SAP broadcast, the word 

“STEREO” or “SAP” appears on-screen when E is pressed. 

The MTS feature is only available for analog signals on the 

ANT/CABLE input. 

0 Likes
Re: VZ - Please add SAP audio support to next STB software
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Try going into the menu for the set top box, then go into settings.  Choose Language and then audio language -- change it to spanish preferred.

See if that doesn't work out for ya Smiley Wink

Message Edited by DzWR on 03-18-2009 11:06 AM
0 Likes
zhzh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, that setting change (to Spanish preferred) did not help me.  No change.  Thanks for the tip though.

CNBC uses SAP audio feed for unfiltered sound from capital hill without commentators interrupting.  There is also a local network affiliate that plays an audio loop saying "your are listening to the second audio program..." when SAP is activated, so I do have an easy way to test.    

With this same Toshiba TV and using HDMI to the set top box, the Comcast DVR box gave me a SAP audio option but now I cannot for the life of me get the FiOS DVR to do the same.

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Hmm, that is suppose to be the SAP option that I gave you.  I know on the DCT700 boxes it actually says SAP but it is suppose to work the same in the settings I gave you (at least for spanish). 

0 Likes