Verizon Motorola Qip-7216 Question
borntalent

Hi,

I have the Verizon Motorola Qip-7216 DVR.  I tried to plug the firewire into my laptop so I can transfer a recording to my PC.  When plug in the firewire to the laptop, it tries to update the drivers and then says I "Insert the Software Disk that came with your Motorols Device".  Is there a way to get this, or get this to work some other way?

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Motorola Qip-7216 Question
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not supported.

Only thing you can do is record off the SD outputs of your box if you have a capture card.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
  • Firewire
  • Give that a shot.  That's not something anyone has done in a loOOoOng while (use firewire) so I am not sure if you'll hit any roadblocks or dead ends with respect to the firmware and software. the site states that it keeps upto date, but ymmv.  Firewire is secretly enabled on the Motorola boxes, as part of an FCC ruling.
0 Likes
borntalent

Yes... I did try Firewire as I said in my original post.  The laptop tells me that I need software.  There has to be software or a driver somewhere because I know for a fact that people have done this before using this method.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
That's what the link was for it has the latest drivers. Did you try those
0 Likes
borntalent

Hey..

I tried to install those drivers.  It looked as if they were installed correctly, but then it asks me for the software disk again.

I also noticed that the thread from your link is for Live recording, and not for somthing that is already recorded on the DVR.

I can give it another try...

thanks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Well I don't use the software myself but I'm a tech enthusiast so I'm familiar.

What's your OS
what software are you going to use.

When you get the Message. About inserting disk does it give you any options that day browse our find file?

If they don't then you will have a couple option. Depends on your operating system. But wise case scenario you can make your own install cd
0 Likes
borntalent

I am using my old Laptop which has VISTA (its my only PC with a Firewire port).  I was going to use which ever video capture the windows comes with... and then put the file on a hardrive, and then edit it on my good PC which has a bunch of programs like Cyberlink Power Director or Adobe Premiere Pro.

It tried to install driver for Motorola QIP-7216 AVC/Panel, and says "If you have the disc that came with your Motorola Device, insert it now." ...  OR "I dont have the disc.. show me other options".    I click that and it gives me 2 options:

"Check for Solution" and "Browse computer for software".  Option 1 gives me "Windows could not find software";  option 2 it lets me click on that folder of drivers that I downloaded.. but it gives me the same error that it can not find it.

thanks

0 Likes