Verizon - The New Comcast!
Baldrick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, now I HATE Verizon.

Last Tuesday (6/28) I called about getting a new DVR. The woman reviewed my account and talked me into upgrading to the Ultimate HD package from the HD Essentials and said I'd get the same movie package that I had ( I had Starz, Encore and Showtime) AND save me some money by tweaking some things.

For the box, she gave me the tech support number and said to tell them that the box doesn't do what I want it to and they'll send you a new box.

I called and told them I don't care if it's the new 7232 DVR I just want a new 7000 series whatever. He said "No Problem, all we're sending out is the 7000 series". I just wanted something that will let me hook a hard drive to when IMG 1.9 comes out without having to spend $40 to upgrade for the privilage of paying $20 in rent every month!

I called several times this past week inquiring about where the box is because know Verizon is usually quick about shipping. Everyone I spoke with said all is fine and it may take 5 days to get it.

Well, I lost half of my movie channels - no more Starz! No more Encore! Also, during one of my calls about the DVR, I was offered Starz Gaming and Internet Security. I said No. Turns out they thought I said yes and added it to my account. I had to call and cancel those.

When I asked about the status of my DVR, they gave me a number to call. They guy said we have no record of your order and to hold while he set up a 3-way call to billing. The billing woman said I'd have to go online and spend $40 or drive 35 minutes to Roxborough to exchange my DVR. REALLY?

It turns out that basically everything Verizon told me over the last week and eight phone calls are lies.

I never thought that Comcast would ever actually look good to me!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon - The New Comcast!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you have been going through with the box and the subscriptions. I have sent you a private message to get more information on your account to get you taken care of.

0 Likes