Very very upset with Verizon service and tech support. Ready to discontinue service
Carolyn22

I have been on the phone and live chat for over 10 hours with several different tech people.  Each one says they have fixed the problem but to no avail.  I am really really upset about this and would like to talk to some who can FIX the problems.  I am ready to cancel Verizon all together.

0 Likes
Re: Very very upset with Verizon service and tech support. Ready to discontinue service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Carolyn22,

What is the issue you are having with your service?

0 Likes
Re: Very very upset with Verizon service and tech support. Ready to discontinue service
Carolyn22

My email was hacked.  So I did live chat and they told me that I needed to change my password.  So I did.  When I went to sign on again it wouldn't let me.  So I did live chat again they tried for about an hour via access to my computer, could not figure it out.  Then I was told that Verizon is no longer going to associate with Yahoo that I need to just go thru Veizon.  This person did not know how to do that so I called and talked to a Rich {edited for privacy} he tried to fix this again via access to my computer to no avail.  He told me that he would have someone call me back the next night who could fix this.  No one called me the next night.  I called again I tried to get back with Rich but the person said I could not do that.  So I began again explaining my situation, this person said that I would need to update my router, but of course it was going to cost me an additional $10.00 a month.  So I ordered the new router.  I was then transferred to James {edited for privacy} he transfered everything from my Yahoo account and was going to set it up under Verizon.  He could not get the information transferred so he told me that someone would call me back the next night to help me.  No one called me back.  I received a phone message from Jack that he cancelled my Yahoo account but I couldn't understand what he was saying because he was cutting in and out.  Called again and told the person that I was having trouble again and that I been having the same problem for awhile and wanted to talk to a supervisor.  I was told that she would send me an "escalation email" and I would be able to get help right away.  When I tried to download this email it takes me to Photo Shop??!!!   Was then transferred to Dan.  He told me that my files, contacts from Yahoo were gone.  He tried via access to my computer and said there was no way to get my files back.  He told me that this should not have been done like this.  After about 3 hours on the phone with him he was able to get my files back but all my contacts were gone.  I now have Verizon email but is not working properly.  My phone is no longer connected to my computer all my notes are gone, etc.   I was told my router would give me faster internet speed 75/75.  My computer is slower now then it ever has been, just signes out in the middle of doing something.  I did live chat again to question my internet speed and was given a link to check my speed.  It came back as 47.48 dowload and 44.78 for uploading.  When I questioned why it was not 75/75 he said something must be wrong. 

I have ask several times for a person to come out and fix my computer but am told it must be fixed on the phone by tech support.  I have tried several times and it is not working.  I have been a customer for over 15 years and I have never had such poor customer support.  I just want my computer back to the way it was before. 

0 Likes
Carolyn22

Now they tell me my account is canceled and I no longer have a one Bill account???!!!!  I don't know why this is, I didn't cancel anything YET!!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Carolyn22,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes