Vizio TV Codes for Remote
ellis6
None of the three codes (0891, 0912, 1783) work to program the Verizon remote control (Phillips RC1445301/00B) for our Vizio TV.  I also tried the 9-2-2 method, pressing fast forward over 300 times to be sure I went through all of the 200 possible codes and that didn't work either.  Has anyone here been able to program their Phillips remote with a Vizio TV? 
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Vizio TV Codes for Remote
prisaz
Legend

@ellis6 wrote:
None of the three codes (0891, 0912, 1783) work to program the Verizon remote control (Phillips RC1445301/00B) for our Vizio TV.  I also tried the 9-2-2 method, pressing fast forward over 300 times to be sure I went through all of the 200 possible codes and that didn't work either.  Has anyone here been able to program their Phillips remote with a Vizio TV? 

I know you probably have. But have you looked here for possible updated info?

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

Message Edited by prisaz on 02-08-2009 08:48 AM
0 Likes
AlanLinde
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ellis6:

I had a similar problem with a fios remote (I don't know who makes it) in that the 3 codes you mention didn't work. I was successful with the scan approach. I've just noticed in the back of my manual for the tv set (vizio sv470xvt) there are additional (3 digit) codes liste: 000, 047, 050, 067, 329, 331, 339. My fios remote connected very quickly on the search mode so now I suspect it used the 000 code. I've only just seen these extra numbers & haven't yet tried any of them manually. One annoying thing with my setup is that the mute button (on fios remote) doesn't work on the set, just the vol+ vol-.

Alan

0 Likes
AlanLinde
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ellis6:

Also I should point out that I screwed up several times with the 300 click option. I missed 1 or more of the 'set-up' clicks & wasn't doing what I thought I was. Read the instructions very carefully (at least better then I did!) and make sure the indicator lights flash correctly. In my case that didn't always happen immediately; the remote had to think for a second or more before the confirming light flashes; maybe if you go too fast you won't be executing the procedure correctly?

alan

0 Likes
ellis6
@ prisaz:  Thanks for the reply.  Yes, that is where I started. 
0 Likes
ellis6

@ Alan:  I did go through the codes pretty quickly!  Maybe I'll try again going a bit more slowly.  However, one thing I noticed that made me think the 9-2-2 method wasn't working right is that every time I pushed the fast forward button, the STB button would flash.  I would think that since I am supposed to be sending a signal to the TV that the TV button would blink. 

As for the codes in the Vizio manual, I don't see how a 3 digit code would work on the Verizon remote because it is looking for a 4 digit code.  But, I'll try those, too, and see what happens. 

0 Likes
AlanLinde
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ellis:

A flashing stb button as you cycle thru the codes is exactly what I had when I missed a button press (or got the wrong one). If you do it correctly the tv button will flash. What I think I confused was the left arrow (in my case to be pressed after the 9-2-2 code entry); it should have been the 'continue' top half of the pause/continue button not the right arrow on the wheel.

good luck ... alan

0 Likes
AlanLinde
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ellis:

Also maybe you have to prefix those 3 digit numbers with a zero? Let me know how it goes please.

alan

0 Likes
ellis6
Thanks again for taking the time to offer these tips, Alan, but unfortunately none of them worked either.  I was using the top half of the play/pause button, and when I hit that, all four device buttons blinked.  Then when I hit the fast forward button, only the STB button blinks.  When I tried the Vizio codes you listed, with a preceeding 0, all four device buttons blinked instead of just the TV button.  I guess that indicates an invalid code??  Who knows....
0 Likes
AlanLinde
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ellis:

I guess the 3 digit codes don't work because, since I found them in the manual for my Vizeo set, they are for the Vizeo remote. But please check that when you use the 9-2-2 search method that the tv light blinks each time you press the 'next code' key. If not, then I suspect you haven't got the setup sequence of key presses correct. And in my case, after it got the correct code, I had to reprogram the power key to turn on/off both tv &  box (finding the tv code set it to tv on/off only).

Best ... Alan

0 Likes