Watch SHOWTIME on FREE On Demand Dec 24 to Jan 13, 2012 (is it valid?)
immanuelp

On Dec 20, 2012, we received an promotional email which reads as follows:

<<<

Watch SHOWTIME on FREE On Demand
Catch FULL episodes of hit SHOWTIME series FREE On Demand Dec. 24–Jan. 13! Watch episodes from the latest seasons of Homeland, Dexter, Shameless, House of Lies and Californication — FREE!
Using Your Remote, Press:
1. On Demand
2. Premiums
3. SHOWTIME

>>>

When I tried this on Dec 24, I find that the Showtime On Demand still requires subscription.

Is this Showtime Free On Demand only for Showtime subscribers?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Watch SHOWTIME on FREE On Demand Dec 24 to Jan 13, 2012 (is it valid?)
mjd122

I also received this ad in an email and have tried to view Showtime programming, but get the subscription error. This offer should be valid for all viewers, and the free trial period should be extended for every day we are unable to take advantage of it.

0 Likes
swg

Also wasn't working for me.  Tech support tried resetting my box earlier this week and today, when I used the l live chat, the rep said that free on demand was for Showtime subscribers only. If true, not sure why the e-mail wouldn't have stated this...

0 Likes
Puddlejumpnva
Someone must have messed up when that email went out. Hopefully Verizon will do something to make it up to the subscribers affected. The Showtime FREE PREVIEW WEEKEND is January 11-13.
0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@immanuelp wrote:

On Dec 20, 2012, we received an promotional email which reads as follows:

<<<

Watch SHOWTIME on FREE On Demand
Catch FULL episodes of hit SHOWTIME series FREE On Demand Dec. 24–Jan. 13! Watch episodes from the latest seasons of Homeland, Dexter, Shameless, House of Lies and Californication — FREE!
Using Your Remote, Press:
1. On Demand
2. Premiums
3. SHOWTIME

>>>

When I tried this on Dec 24, I find that the Showtime On Demand still requires subscription.

Is this Showtime Free On Demand only for Showtime subscribers?

Thanks!

I received this email as well (with the image below)...

Just to clarify, this is NOT referencing a free preview of the entire Showtime channel altogether. You're not going to see Showtime MOVIES free from this period.

This promotional email pertains to LIMITED free content on Showtime only and from what I remember last year (there was a similar promo), this should allow non-subscribers to view SELECT EPISODES of the following SERIES ONLY: Homeland, Dexter, Shameless, House of Lies and Californication.

However, since I have a subscription to all premium channels, I cannot tell if there is a technical glitch that is preventing non-subscribers to see the home screen of these FREE SELECTED SHOWTIME SERIES.

I can check later, though, on a non-Showtime-subscribed account to see if it's working successfully and will let you know.

If you are a non-subscriber and are not able to see the initial screen for the aforementioned Showtime episodes, then it is indeed a technical glitch.

0 Likes