Watching FiOS TV Channels on My Computer
AlaToker

I am trying to be able to access my regular FiOS TV channels right from my computer, and I just want a definitive answer on exactly how I need to go about doing it. I know that I need a TV tuner, so I am looking at getting this one.

First, what will I be able to watch with the TV tuner I have selected? I've heard something about Cablecard tuners, but I'm not sure what they do or why they might be preferred.

Second, what are the steps I need to take to be able to watch my regular TV channels on my computer, and what other items (if any) other than a TV tuner might be required to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help you provide me. I've been at this for months now and I'm just looking for a definitive answer so that I can watch Phillies baseball games and episodes of Houes M.D. through my computer when there are no available TVs around at home to watch them on. Smiley Wink

0 Likes
Re: Watching FiOS TV Channels on My Computer
Hubrisnxs
Legend

These are the channels you'll more than likely get.   Just put your Zip code in and make sure to use the drop down list on the channels to select FiOS. 

Typically this is just Local SD and Local HD's and Public Access.

0 Likes
Re: Watching FiOS TV Channels on My Computer
Irving_TX
Enthusiast - Level 2

The list of channels includes subchannels that some stations broadcast.  Verizon cable rarely if ever carries those the digital subchannels.  If you what to watch all the channels that you subscribe to, a cable card tuner like the Ceton InfiniTV 4 might be your best bet.  The tuner and Windows Media Center will provide you with four tuner DVR.

0 Likes