• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
AlaToker
0 Kudos

Watching FiOS TV Channels on My Computer

I am trying to be able to access my regular FiOS TV channels right from my computer, and I just want a definitive answer on exactly how I need to go about doing it. I know that I need a TV tuner, so I am looking at getting this one.

First, what will I be able to watch with the TV tuner I have selected? I've heard something about Cablecard tuners, but I'm not sure what they do or why they might be preferred.

Second, what are the steps I need to take to be able to watch my regular TV channels on my computer, and what other items (if any) other than a TV tuner might be required to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help you provide me. I've been at this for months now and I'm just looking for a definitive answer so that I can watch Phillies baseball games and episodes of Houes M.D. through my computer when there are no available TVs around at home to watch them on. :smileywink:

Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs
0 Kudos

Re: Watching FiOS TV Channels on My Computer

These are the channels you'll more than likely get.   Just put your Zip code in and make sure to use the drop down list on the channels to select FiOS. 

Typically this is just Local SD and Local HD's and Public Access.

Contributor
Irving_TX
0 Kudos

Re: Watching FiOS TV Channels on My Computer

The list of channels includes subchannels that some stations broadcast.  Verizon cable rarely if ever carries those the digital subchannels.  If you what to watch all the channels that you subscribe to, a cable card tuner like the Ceton InfiniTV 4 might be your best bet.  The tuner and Windows Media Center will provide you with four tuner DVR.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411