Re: Watching Netflex or Hulu through FIOS
vbdiane

This is the problem and what we did to fix it.

Problem:  Could not get any of the apps to work on our New Vizio internet ready TV with FIOS being our internet provider and using the router they gave us for Verizon FIOS TV/Internet/Phone.  Ex:  Trying to get Netflex from our VIZIO APPs says, "No signal."  Same with other Apps for the VIZIO.   Verizon/FIOS says their router works fine as we get our internet and FIOS TV channels etc just fine and their internet Apps work. 

Solution:  It appears the router provided  by Verizon for FIOS TV/our computer internet  is not a strong enough signal for what is needed for the internet connection to make the Apps work on the VIZIO TV.   So....We attached the FIOS cable from wall to a spliter.  Then from splitter, one cord to FIOS DVR box and one cord to the router.  We then plugged one end of ethernet cord to router and the other end of ethernet cord into the back of the TV where there was an ethernet outlet.  Automatically, it switched tv from wireless to wired internet connection and worked for all the APPs on our VIZIO TV !!  Our computer is still wirelss and everything still works that came with FIOS.

Hope this is helpful as I've seen several posts of people with the same problem.

vbdiane

0 Likes
vbdiane

One other note about the VIZIO issue and Verizon/FIOS:   My originial post said how to do Hulu and Netflex.   Hulu doesn't have an Apps yet for internet TV so that would have to be done through a computer hooked to the TV using an HDMI cord.

vbdiane

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Diane,

Thanks for the followup. The net is you are using an Ethernet wired connection not wireless and all is well. Great.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
krusskruss

I see this as a major issues with FIOS given the large number of internet appliances that you can connect to your TV today.  I have an internet ready TV and internet ready Blueray.  From what I am reading here, I would need to either hardwire an Ethernet connection from the router to my TV or go wireless.

Given the sophisticated network that Verizon is deploying, you think that they would enable the Ethernet connection on the back of the set top box to eliminate this problem.

I can tell you that AT&T Uverse supports this.  With AT&T, all you need is a single cable to connect to your internet ready device. 

I was going to buy an internet ready blueray for my mother in law this Christmas.  Now that I know it means rewiring her house, I am no longer interested.

I'm glad that I am in an AT&T serving area.

Does Verizon plan to enable the Ethernet port on the set top box?

0 Likes
lui26
Solution found. When connected to a different Internet provider it worked.

http://www.androidauthority.com/internet-providers-continue-intentionally-slow-speeds-additional-mon...
0 Likes