Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
horana
0 Kudos

Weak Signal

[ Edited ]

Philips 30PW9110D/37

Always my tv show "Weak Signal".  I  tried to connect tv using fios setup box, dvd player, laptop, no luck.  It does'nt come out of that mode.  Is there anything wrong with the TV or tv is not getting good fios signal

===from philips manual===

WEAK SIGNAL message appears only in digital mode when the television received no incoming digital signal. 

If you do not have digital signal, you will need to push the A/D button on remote to put TV into Analog mode.

I tried with no luck

Please suggest me.

Message Edited by horana on 07-26-2009 08:19 PM
Silver Contributor IV
Telcoguru
Device: Actiontec Rev I
Plan: FDV\75 down 75 up
0 Kudos

Re: Weak Signal

If the box is hooked up with a HDMI cable try switching to component cables to see if that works.
Gold Contributor III
Keyboards
Plan: Extreme HD DV /50/25
0 Kudos

horana wrote:

Philips 30PW9110D/37

Always my tv show "Weak Signal".  I  tried to connect tv using fios setup box, dvd player, laptop, no luck.  It does'nt come out of that mode.  Is there anything wrong with the TV or tv is not getting good fios signal

===from philips manual===

WEAK SIGNAL message appears only in digital mode when the television received no incoming digital signal. 

If you do not have digital signal, you will need to push the A/D button on remote to put TV into Analog mode.

I tried with no luck

Please suggest me.

Message Edited by horana on 07-26-2009 08:19 PM

Based on your quote from the Phillips manual, this is an error for the tuner - analog vs. digital RF signal.  It sounds like you aren't set to the correct input for the devices you are trying to use, but are set for the internal tuner (DVD and laptop typically don't have tuners.

Make sure that the TV is set for the input you are connected to.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs
0 Kudos

On the back of the TV where you physically plugged in your cables (the ones connecting your motorola box to the tv, that could be hdmi or component, or rca etc...)    it will be labeled as to what it is .

On the back of my tv I have hdmi 1 and hdmi 2 and it is also labeled as component and stuff. 

after you know what the input is labeled, then you can turn on your verizon box, make sure it's changing channels on the verizon tuner. 

after you make sure your verizon tuner is changing channels, then do your inputs and match it up with that label that you read in the back,   if you match it up and you're vz tuner is still moving and you still have weak signal then it could possibly be the cable that you are using (possibly hdmi )

Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs
0 Kudos

as an addendum, I have heard that the box may need a signal sent to it from tech support, if all those things add up,  but I haven't had that problem myself.

Contributor
horana
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried below

a) ensured verizon setup box changes channels

b) connected to hdmi cable to hdmi (i have only one hdmi connector in @tv).  Turned on setup box, tv, in that sequence.  No luck

changed Analog to digital option in the tv remote, tried to change tv options like hdmi, front, composite, s-video, with no luck.  

c) connected setup box composite cable to analog composite connection in tv.  Tried swithching on both setup and tv, no luck

d) changed to digital connection in the tv.  Switched on both setup box, tv.... no luck

e) removed hdmi cable from setup box, and connected to my laptop.   switched on tv, and tried to bring monitor output  to tv.  still no luck

any other suggestions....

Advanced thanks

Horana

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411