Westinghouse VR 4085DF - NEEDS REMOTE CODE
indie301

Just bought a Westinghouse VR 4085DF 40" TV and the thing will not allow me to control it with the FIOS TV remote.  

I have tried entering all Westinghouse codes manually as well as cycling through all TV codes.  Nothing will work to control the TV.  Any help would be great.  

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Westinghouse VR 4085DF - NEEDS REMOTE CODE
jjlof

I too bought a 40" Westinghouse VR 4085DF and cannot find a code that works.  Tried several dozen,and tried the manual search method per the FiOS documentation.  What code will work?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon has a few remotes.

Do you have the brand new one, that has only two buttons at the top?  (TV and STB) 

Verizon P265 Remote Control

Instructions and Help for the Verizon P265 Remote

User GuidePDF icon

Set up your Remote   <~~~~~

Find remote codes

No remote code listed for my TV  

Existing remote code for my TV doesn't work    <~~~~~ 

Troubleshooting your Remote

Need more guided help?  [Guide Me] 

Or do you have the 4 device universal that has DVD, AUX, TV, STB?  (shown below)    There is an additional code for this one that has been known to work which is 1127 (not in the list of codes).     (TV + OK for about a 1 sec all the device buttons will blink at the top then enter 1127)

Philips RC 1445302 Remote

Figure depicting the Philips RC1445302 Remote Control

Instructions and Help for the Philips RC 1445302 Remote

User GuidePDF icon

Remote Control at a Glance PDF icon

Set up your Remote

Find remote codes

No remote code listed for my device

Existing remote codes don't work

Set up your remote to turn on/off multiple devices

Troubleshooting your Remote

The Remotes are Garunteed to control the Cable Boxes, however your TV may not be compatible with the VZ remote control.

You must use the remote that came with your TV or component OR if you absolutely must have only one remote control, then you can purchase a third party Universal remote control that can control the Verizon Cable box

0 Likes
Rob3077

I bought the same TV and I am having the same problem.  One of the codes will change the source from HDMI 1 but will not turn the tv on or off.  I cycled through all the codes but nothing has helped. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

There isn't a garuntee that the 4 button remote will work, but if you're desperate and want to try it, you can order one for 6.95

Verizon tech support and the stores don't carry the 4 button remote anymore and where the 2 button is free, the 4 button costs a few bucks.

you can try it by ordering at https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayProducts

dungbeetle1
Enthusiast - Level 1
We ran in to the same problem, we just ordered a second hd box just for the vr-4085 and it came with the new style remote...IT WORKS!!!!! The back of the remote says VZ P265v1.1.......it has two white buttons up top instead of 4...... So yes the Verizon p265 remote works with the vr-8045 Westinghouse tv
mslittlebird

Dungbeetle, what did you do to get it to work??  I have the new HD box and remote with two top buttons.  I have tried to enter the code 433 and I've tried the code search method.  The only thing that happens is the HDMI goes back to tv.  This is SO frustrating!!

0 Likes
dungbeetle1
Enthusiast - Level 1
I tried the codes first and that did not work, I did the search mode (different then the "922" way) and after over a hundred or so times pressing the button it worked. A few times it would show a button was pressed on the tv but you have to keep going

Turn on the TV you want to program into your remote and the FiOS TV Set-Top Box.

Make sure you can see live TV.

Press and hold the OK and 0 (zero) buttons at the same time.

The red LED on the remote blinks twice and then stays on.

Enter the remote code for your TV that you located in step 1.

The red LED on the remote blinks twice and then stays on.

Press and release the CH+  button until the TV turns off. (You can also back up by pressing the CH- button.)

Note: Some TVs may have a slower response than others to buttons pressed on the remote so wait at least one second between button presses.

To test your remote to ensure it is working properly:

Turn on the TV by pressing the TV button on your FiOS TV remote.
Press the Vol+ and Vol- buttons to ensure that you can control the volume.
Press the Mute and A/V buttons to ensure they work properly.

If any of these buttons do not work as expected, press and hold that button. Release it as soon as it is working.

When all the buttons are working properly, press OK to save your settings.

The red LED blinks 3 times and then turns off. Your remote control is now programmed.
keeelman4

I also had the same problems as everyone else. I tried the code search method and after about 265 flashes of the red light (I tried to count), the tv finally turned off. The tv had switched to some random channel but I let the search continue. Volume, mute, power, and channel buttons all work. The a/v menu comes up, but I haven't been able to get it to switch. At least the other stuff works though!

0 Likes