When browsing favorites, exiting info returns to wrong channel
ExLimey

If I decide to browse my favorites to find something else to watch, and press the Info button because the snippet of info displayed in the guide is not sufficient to support a decision, when I exit from the Info screen(s), the guide goes back to the channel I'm currently watching, not the one I requested info about. This makes it very difficult to browse the list to find a channel to switch to.

Incidentally, this bug does not appear to affect browsing the 'All channels' list, just the Favorites.

Environment: Release 1.7, Build number 09.83, Data Object Version Number 09.83, Platform ID QIP-7216 P1

0 Likes
Re: When browsing favorites, exiting info returns to wrong channel
Justin46
Legend

Just press the left arrow once or twice, depending on how many times you pressed the Info button. That will take you back to where you were in the Favorites list. Pressing Exit is telling the STB you want to exit the Favorites completely.

My experience is that it does not matter whether I am viewing the full Guide or Favorites, it acts the same way. I too am on 1.7 of the IMG, although I am on a QIP6416, not 7216.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ExLimey

Thanks for your prompt reply, but am sorry to report that was one of the first things I tried. Doesn't work for me. Still goes back to the currently viewed channel in the list.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Then I guess I can't help, because it most certainly works for me. I wonder if maybe some option you and I have chosen differently in setting up how Favorites works is causing it to work differently, that is the only thing I can think of. I have the Favorites Button set to Toggle Flip by Favorites and Flip by Favorites set to Favorite 1. But even if we have something set differently on Favorites, I don't think that would affect how the full Guide works.

Just one of life's mysteries I guess.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ExLimey

As it happens - based on other postings I saw - after I submitted my original post I tried changing the favorites settings to see if that made any difference. It didn't, unfortunately, but that was a good idea.

Anyway, thanks for your time and attention. I guess I'm just stuck with it working this way.

0 Likes
ExLimey

Try setting your Default Guide to Half Guide. When I set mine to Full Guide it works as you stated. But when set to Half Guide the bug  manifests itself (the behavior is so user-unfriendly that I feel this characterization is quite justified).

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

You are right, mine acts the same way when using the half-screen Guide. Since I do not like the half-screen Guide and never use it, I have never seen this before. To get this bug fixed I think you need to report it to FiOS tech support.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes