Where is SUPPORT when you need them?
Joerees
Enthusiast - Level 2

After spending a lot of time going round and round with the automated message system (which does not recognize my problem or even offer an option that might help), I finally give up and say "AGENT." Then I get a message that "All our offices are closed!" What happened to the 24/7 tech support???

My settop box will not turn off, even with the manual button (I have to unplug it). The clock is wrong when I plug it back in, but it corects once I turn the settop box on. The television is giving me a message that there is a problem with the cable between the settop box and the wall. I have tried 3 different cables, so I'm certain there is no problem with the cable. The TV was working fine this morning. Turned it off for a few hours, and then this happened. It's a new settop box, installed within the past 2 months.

I have about 30 hours of DVR recordings (after Verizon "lost" about 40 hours a month ago). I consider it unaccetable that the service does not include a backup facility for DVR recordings (I have several Terabye drives that I could use for that purpose, if Verizon configured their equipment properly.

Verizon Support deserves an "F" for their unacceptable performance tonight.

I'm going to try tomorrow to get a live tech to talk to (there SHOULD be one available right now!). Verizon is very, very close rto losing a long-standing customer.

Does anybody know if there is a "secret" support portal for times like these?

0 Likes
Re: Where is SUPPORT when you need them?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have had good luck with reaching them on twitter (@verizonsupport).

0 Likes
Joerees
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've stopped using Twitter altogether because it is overly intrusive. Twitter is not a reasonable support vehicle.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

IMO its not intrusive if you don't follow anyone.

And I have seen more and more companies use Twitter for support.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If you have another room with a STB try swapping the boxes to see if the trouble follows the box or the room.

0 Likes
Hellenww
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you call just say help eather than going through the menu. 

0 Likes