Whole House DVR issues
jkrafsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently a number of Whole House DVR issues have developed in my system.  I cannot watch programs recorded on one DVR any any other box without picture breakup taking place.  This does not occur on the box the program is recorded on.  Furthermore it does not take place on recording between channels 503 and 529.  It is also not possible to fast forward a program recorded on another box.  The program returns to the orignal spot.  You can however forward by time skipping.  Verizon Tech's have been to my house and have not fixed the problem.  I am going to leave Verizon if this cannot be fixed as this was a major reason for switching providers.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Whole House DVR issues
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I suggest you place a call into Verizon Support.  There could be a problem with either the Router or ONT.  I had a similar problem and when they replaced the ONT all my issues went away.

Jim

0 Likes
jkrafsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the answer, but already replaced the router and the ONT without success.  The tech's are describing it as a MoCa problem and they say they have no answer for it.  Supposedly a software update is being worked on.  Hard to believe.  I'd love to know if anyone else has heard this.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@jkrafsky wrote:

Recently a number of Whole House DVR issues have developed in my system.  I cannot watch programs recorded on one DVR any any other box without picture breakup taking place.  This does not occur on the box the program is recorded on.  Furthermore it does not take place on recording between channels 503 and 529.  It is also not possible to fast forward a program recorded on another box.  The program returns to the orignal spot.  You can however forward by time skipping.  Verizon Tech's have been to my house and have not fixed the problem.  I am going to leave Verizon if this cannot be fixed as this was a major reason for switching providers.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the streaming from the DVR. This definitely is a moca issue. A way to fix this yourself is to unscrew and rescrew connections at all the coax outlets (wall jacks, back of the boxes, back of router, etc). If you are still having trouble with the streaming after doing this, please reply back so we can look into this further for you.

jkrafsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

This didn't work, but thanks for the suggestion.  I think I have figured out the issue.  Before the software update in January,  each dvr (3) in the house functioned as a Whole House DVR.  You could watch any program recorded on any TV without signal degradation.  There were fast forward issues, but nothing that impacted basic functionality.  

After the January software update it appears that you must choose your Whole House DVR and only programs recorded on that DVR are watchable without signal degradation and with fast forward and rewind functionality.  Any confirmation of this would be appreciated.  Parenthetically, I will leave Verizon at the end of my contract if they don't expand the number of tuners available to record multiple programs simultaneously.  The original software allowed for this and it is a major shortcoming for me.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is not the case. Every DVR will still act as a multiroom DVR. For the DVR's not broadcasting their signal to the other boxes, press the DVR button on the remote then go to AUTOFIX MRDVR ISSUES. Also there is a parental control setting that will block DVR sharing. Press MENU, then go to SETTINGS, then PARENTAL CONTROLS, then ADVANCED SETTINGS, then CONTROL DVR SHARING and make sure SHOW REMOTE DVR CONTENT is selected. Please let us know if you still have troubles with the boxes broadcasting content.

0 Likes
jkrafsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the advice and insight.  Your suggestions did not work.  I did notice however that one of the DVR's could not be communicated with through the website and that the "Autofix MRDVR Issues" would not work as it showed not registered.  Do you think these indicate the problem.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear that it did not correct the issue. There could be a couple of things causing this. Either they do not have data conectivity or they lost sync with your account. We would need to run tests to check. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
LYRIC706

We are having an issue with our Whole House DVR, as well. The main DVR is located in our living room. When we try to watch the content recorded there on our upstairs DVR, the program will stutter every few minutes. Sometimes, the show will just pause for about 30 seconds. It is extremely frustrating; this was a major selling point for us.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles with your service. The signal disruption can be caused by a few different things. To help us narrow down where this problem is being introduced at, we need to know if the problem is only happening when streaming to the upstairs DVR or other boxes in the house as well.

0 Likes