Why are certain channels (H2, History, Dest Am) having picture and sound issues?
BillyWillard

For several months now, certain channels such as the one's listed in the subject line have continually had problems with picture and sound.  The picture and sound is distorted and sometimes stops all together.  Can someone tell me why and if there isn't a fix, I feel I pay too much for a service that continually has problems.

0 Likes
Re: Why are certain channels (H2, History, Dest Am) having picture and sound issues?
DrSteve_FIOS

We have this problem as well and noti e it mostly on Comedy Central in the late evening

0 Likes
Re: Why are certain channels (H2, History, Dest Am) having picture and sound issues?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Several different possibilities.

• Source problems.  You would have to check if other people, not using FIOS, are complaiing.
  • Internal problems at your home.  Usually old wiring or bad splitters.  Sometimes effecting thos channels being sent at higher frequencies, while other channels are fine.
  • SD vs HD version of a channel.  I never watch the SD versions myself, and rarely a channel, e.g. H2, that is only in SD.
  • Problems Verizon is having at one or more areas of the country.  ALWAYS identify the VHO or area of the country you are in when you complain about such things as those of us in other areas may not be seeing any problems.
  • Problem with a STB.  if you have multiple ones, check and see if you are seeing it on all or not
  • Problem with your ONT. 
  • Less common, problem somewhere on the optical Fiber between you and Verizon.

Remember you are only talking to other customers (peers) here.  If you eliminate problems that you can fix, you will need to Contact Verizon.

0 Likes
wintercamper1

I have the same problem. I called. They said I needed to reset my set-top box. They did so. The problem is still there.

0 Likes
wintercamper1

I called again. I was told to check all connections at the television and set top box. Everything is conected and nothing is loose.

0 Likes
robertm348
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem with the History channel for years. I live in Lake Ridge, VA. I have had my DVR changed numerous times, the techs have been out several times to no avail. The signal strength is great, new splitters supplied by Verizon, new RG-6 cable AND THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS!!!!

I did find a solution: Comcast. I am completely fed up with Verizon with their super high prices and lack of support!

0 Likes