Why can't I access my DVR online?
AdvicePro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before this website change, I used to be able to access my DVR online, but now I don't.  I get this error message: Set-Top Box - {edited for privacy} is not responding. I'd like to know if this is due to the website change or could it be a FiOS TV technical problem.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I access my DVR online?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

most likely a fios tv technical problem.  what you would want to do is reboot your router, and then reboot the cable box, so they reform a connection with one another, and then try to access the feature. 

if that does not work, then reach out to the chat support,  they have been helpful with this problem specifically in the past, or call vz tech support at 888 553 1555

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@AdvicePro wrote:

Before this website change, I used to be able to access my DVR online, but now I don't.  I get this error message: Set-Top Box - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is not responding. I'd like to know if this is due to the website change or could it be a FiOS TV technical problem.

Not a good idea to post your DVR STB ID online.

0 Likes
paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey OP:

I'm a new install and I've been getting that error for a month now. Been though >20 "chat" sessions, emailed the customer support that says they are not customer support even though their email is customer support...., sat on the phone for >25 hours now and no one has been able to get this to work for me.

So if you do get a solution, please post it  because I'm really **bleep** I paid $400 for installation and I can't control any dvr boxes and no one at  verizon seems to know how to fix this.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I posted your issues to some Verizon employees, and they have always helped me. Look for a private message where they may try to contact you. Your envelope on the top right will turn gold and show messages.

If tech support can not contact your DVR, then I know you can't. It could be a router issue. Many people use the feature and I know it works. I see no reason why tech support can not get this resolved. I hope they get back to you soon.

0 Likes