Why cant I record series from multi-room dvr.
phillyjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have multiroom dvr and for the most part it's great, but why can't I record a series from a non-dvr box.

Is this a set-top box thing or just no supported?

0 Likes
Re: Why cant I record series from multi-room dvr.
Chromag
You can't schedule a recording from a STB. This can only be done from the DVR itself. I get around this by using the FIOS Remote app on my phone to schedule the recording.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Chromag wrote:
You can't schedule a recording from a STB. This can only be done from the DVR itself. I get around this by using the FIOS Remote app on my phone to schedule the recording.

I'm sorry but this statement is incorrect. You most certainly can schedule a recording from another STB. I have one DVR and two HD STBs and I can schedule a recording directly on the DVR or from either of the other STBs.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Chromag
The original poster was referring to a series recording. I should have said "series" rather than program. You can schedule a single program recording but not a series.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Chromag wrote:
The original poster was referring to a series recording. I should have said "series" rather than program. You can schedule a single program recording but not a series.

I agree, single program only, no series.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes