• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
briannyc

Why does Verizon suck so much?

Verizon is completely useless. This is what I experienced this week:

• I confirmed my install appointment three times
  • The technicians did not show up during the window they were supposed to
  • I received no phone calls regarding my missed appointment
  • I spend over an hour on the phone trying to get some answers
  • Two technicians finally showed up, 8 hours late
  • They spent an hour "working", then told me they had a problem and would have to come back
  • I recieved an email from Verizon telling me that they tried to reschedule with me, but were unable to reach me (despite the fact that they never tried)
  • Called the number in that email, and they're telling me they can't try again for more than two weeks
  • On hold now for over 15 minutes just trying to find out what the problem is

Should I just cancel this service before I get it to avoid future problems with these clowns? Also- is there any way to get decent service from Verizon? TWC may be more expensive and have junk equiptment, but at least they don't treat their customers like crap.

Thanks,

Brian

Employee
Anthony_VZ
0 Kudos

Re: Why does Verizon suck so much?

I am sorry to hear that you are had such a bad experience with us. Did you ever get it set back up? Please send me a private message if not so we can get more information from you.

Anthony Taylor

Social Media Esacalations

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Contributor
briannyc

When I finally got through to someone, that person said they would look into it and call me back. I never got a call back. I called AGAIN in the evening and after spending another 45 minutes, got someone to schedule an appointment for this Saturday from 9am to 12pm.

If you guys fail to show up within that window, I am done trying to deal with your nonsense. You guys should be paying me to use your service at this point.

Contributor
kris5555

I am wondering the same thing. Why DOES Verizon suck so much? I am curerntly on hold for over 38 min and while being on hold, I have tried the online chat 3 times and it is unavailable. Are there that many **bleep** off customers that I need to wait this long to speak with someone? I believe it! What a waste of my time! Its a shame Verizon is so good at promptly deducting the money from my acount each month, but can't have enough staff to deal with any issues that may arise. What is the phone number for Time Warner Cable??

Contributor
Vamosaver

I agree with your sentiments. Completely. May God save us all from the inanity of NYC's communications area monster.
PS a fellow sufferer told me one huge problem is that they're too cheap to pull out the 80yr old copper wiring and install fiber optic. They figured out that having a monopoly, getting us to sign up, pay monthly, not fix our aging broken down system, and ignore our service requests was just great for business. Theirs, of course, not ours.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411