Worst customer service experience of my life! BEWARE
weeksiv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased my first house in March.  We had FIOS at our old place so we wanted to transfer the service to our new residence.  We went through a huge ordeal with our first experience with Verizon FIOS but we were in a two year contract so we stuck with it.  I called Verizon and talked to customer service about the switch and told them that we did not want any cables showing in our house or anything attached to the outside siding of our house.  They assured me that this would not be a problem and that I could add up to two more cable outlets in my house for free and that the technician would fish the cable line into my wall to ensure that it wasn't exposed throughout the house or on the exterior of the house.  

The technician arrived 2 hours after the alotted 4 hours appointment window; with the excuse that he had spent all morning trying to unscramble the Discovery Channel at another customers house.  He had not even talked to Verizon about what we wanted because he ensured us that, not only would extra outlets cost $100 an outlet, but he would be stapling the cable to the baseboard!  I was not home at the time but luckily my wife and her father, who is a contractor, was home.  My father-in-law told him to just do what he could and he would get his buddy to fish the cable.  So, this contractor leaves all this cable lying around the outside of my house and the inside of my house so that WE can bury it how we want it outside and WE can fish the cable ourselves.

Well, I contacted Verizon FIOS about this the next day and told them about my experience and my situation.  They assured me that this was not the way they did business and that they would never have a contractor staple cable to the baseboards because that would make their product look bad.  The customer service agent I was speaking with put me in a three way conversation with a technical support representative so, "they could better fix the problem".  After explaining to them that my father-in-law had already taken care of burying the FIOS lines around the house but we needed someone to come that could bury the lines to the box in the backyard and fish the lines inside of the house.  They assured me that this would be taken care of on the agreed upon date and that they would wave any charges for the transition.  A week later, on the scheduled date, I get a call from THE SAME technician from the previous time.  He simply says, "There is no need for me to come out there because I don't fish lines."

At that point we were just too frustrated to deal with Verizon's incompetence anymore so we hired my father-in-law's friend to fish the lines for us.  After that I contacted Verizon and told them about the situation and that I still needed the lines in my backyard buried.  They sent someone out and our gate was locked so they left a note that they would be back in the next 48 hours and to leave the gate open.  So we did.  We didn't hear from Verizon again.  

After a few weeks, including vacations and the business of jobs and moving into a new house, we contacted Verizon to reschedule the burying of the lines in my back yard.  At this point I noticed our bill had gone up $100 during the move so I asked to speak to someone about that first.  The first customer service agent had no clue why my bill was the way it was she kept putting me on hold and saying "that's not right".  Finally, very sympathetically she said that would put me through to the "elite" team and they would take care of my bill for me. 

The representative that I talked to from the "elite" team was super rude.  She told me that my bill was adjusted to current rates when we moved and that I upgraded my internet speed.  I told her that I had not spoken to anyone about my internet in a couple of years and that I was promised that the move would not affect my current bill that it would just be as if we took the service and changed locations; everything would stay the same.  She scoffed at this, literally laughed at me and said, while laughing, that there is no way that the internet would have changed without my approval but she would look at it.  After a 15 minute hold she came back and offered me the same internet at the old rate and said she didn't know why it changed.  She did nothing about the changing rates and kept deflecting the topic.  After that she transferred me to the tech rep. to schedule my lines being buried.  

The technician showed up on time.  I was working so my wife was the only one home.  She said he came up to the door and said the lines were already buried.  She told him that the only lines that were buried were the ones her father buried around the house and the lines in the back yard needed to be buried to which he replace, "yeah, yeah, yeah" and walked off.  He then proceeded to DIG UP the lines my father-in-law has buried and STAPLE them to my house.  WHY!?!?!  I have no idea.  This happened today so this is the latest update.

This is a very abbreviated version of this experience.  I have told the store at least 20 times to 20 different representatives over the course of the last couple of months each time the story gets longer and worse.  I implore anyone who reads this to reconsider using Verizon FIOS my wife and I are currently shopping for another provider.  This is been the most frustrating, unprofessional experience I have ever had with a company.  Feel free to contact me if you want to see pictures of what they did to the exterior of my house.

0 Likes
Re: Worst customer service experience of my life! BEWARE
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes